Friday, June 18, 2010

Why Oh Why Does Anyone Listen to ME???


So, we've gotten to the Volcano, seen the crater, harassed the poor hummingbirds, taken pictures of the green squirrel and start the long loooonnnnggg trek back down the mountain. Oh, Wait -- Whereever could THAT path lead I ponder aloud ---- Jacob says it goes up to the "dead crater, with the lake in it" ---- GEE, doesn't THAT sound fun. Yeah, we should do THAT too. OOOHHH, spooky trail - let's DO IT. Oh, sure, it'll take 20 minutes of hiking, but hey - how bad can it be. Can YOU say IDIOT?

Six minutes up the trail and I'm pantin' like a pony at the end of the preakness. Slyly I stop to snap photos of oh so interesting moss - like I'm fooling anybody - there's NO AIR up here. We continue to hike and stop, hike and stop and oh, what's that sound??? Thunder, you say? In Costa Rica in rainy season?? Naw, couldn't be. Oh joy, Oh bliss -- upward and now with STAIRS -- am I gonna cry Uncle and say screw it - nope, not me because I - apparently - don't have the common sense God gave a grasshopper.

We made it -- yup, itza lake. An acid lake we're told - nothing lives in it or on it or around it. Just a big ol' acid lake. Photos on next page..... because I want YOU to feel the same excitement we did hikin' up the freakin' mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment